Arm yourself with a new career in Cyber Security! We’ll show you how.
Technology plays a significant role in our lives; smartphones, tablets, computers and other high-end devices are all around us. With advances in technology, more opportunities for cyber attacks and data exploitation are inevitable. This is one reason why U.S. News & World Report has Data Security jobs listed in their Best Technology Jobs in 2019. Through SCI, we are equipping you with Day-One Ready Skills that employers are looking for.
Online Cyber Security Courses Through SCI
The cyber security program at Southern Careers Institute in partnership with Woz U will help you gain the expertise and knowledge of working with databases, networks, firewalls and hardware so you can help protect them from attacks.
- Prerequisites: A CompTIA Network+ certification or equal knowledge and experience is required.
- Security Foundations: Get the fundamentals of security concepts including threats, policy and procedures, risk management, and disaster recovery.
- Network Foundations: Learn technical skills required in network administration and support as well as what is needed to prepare for the network certification exam.
- System Administration: Learn to install and configure network components to support organizational security.
- Network Defense: Learn to use the most current tools to assess the security posture of an organization and understand the impacts of various vulnerabilities.
- Cryptography & Access Management: Learn cryptography algorithms used for safe transmission and storage of sensitive data. Get best practices on access and account management.
- Logging & Monitoring: Analyze and interpret security logs on Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, as well as get an intro to basic forensics.
- Programming Foundations: Start learning programming languages and become an expert in the vulnerabilities faced by every technology user and organization including hardware, software, and various ‘threat actors.’
- Group Project: Play the role of both a defender and an attacker in a network while using all the skills acquired over the course of the program.
Through structured classes led by industry experts and hands-on experience, you’ll learn:
- How to perform risk assessments and test infrastructure to secure your company’s data and intellectual property
- The fundamentals of setting up and installing secured systems
- How to backup and secure data
- How to spot vulnerabilities
- How to lead a recovery effort if necessary
The ultimate goal of a cyber security specialist is to protect the integrity of computers, programs, networks and data from unauthorized attacks. The cyber security program through SCI offers you the basics to get started in an exciting career in information security. After the 33-week program, you’ll be prepared for the network certification exam, and our career services team will help get you ready to market your new skills to employers.
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?