Southern Careers Institute (SCI) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, whether you are a current or prospective student, alumni or a casual visitor to our Web site. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this Web site, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, enrolling you into our programs and to customize our communication channels with you.
Southern Careers Institute (SCI) may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes. This policy is effective as of September 1, 2019.
What we collect
We may collect the following information in order to provide information or services to you when using our Web site information request forms, subscriptions to newsletters, Live Chat forums, exchanges through Social Media channels, texting with our Admissions Representatives or contacting our Admissions Representatives by phone. We only collect personally identifiable information that you submit voluntarily including:
- Contact information including email address, mobile and/or home telephone
- Demographic information such as postal code, mailing addresses, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to career training, customer surveys and/or offers
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian.
We also gather the following information to use in aggregate form to help us understand our site’s visitors and their technical capabilities, and to ensure that our site and marketing channels are optimized for our user base.
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Browser type, version, plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
- The full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Web site including date and time, cookie number, pages viewed and searched for in our site
- Session information including page response times, download errors, length of time spent on specific pages, page interaction such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs, and methods used to leave pages
- Location services for mobile users (which can be disabled in your mobile device typically found in your phone’s settings menu)
What we do with the information we collect.
Southern Careers Institute collects personal information only with the express consent of the user when they request information from our organization. This information is only used when communicating with users as per their indicated preferences and as needed for service-related communications. We may use the information you provide for:
- Internal record keeping.
- To respond to your inquiries and provide customer support.
- To contact you regarding career training at Southern Careers Institute and enrolling in programs.
- To improve our products and services.
- To send communications about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by Email, Text (SMS), Phone, Fax or U.S. Mail.
- We may use the information to customize the Web site according to your interests.
Southern Careers Institute respects your privacy and provides users with the ability to opt out from future communications. An opt out option will either appear at the bottom of an Email, Text (SMS) or Newsletter received, or users can reply directly and request removal from that correspondence. Users can also request to be removed from future communications by:
- Calling our main phone number (844-783-6569)
- Calling our corporate office at (512) 437-7500
- Mailing a request by U.S. mail to: Southern Careers Institute, 1701 Directors Blvd, STE 800, Austin, TX 78744
- By sending an email to [email protected].
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We take all commercially reasonable measures to secure, store and protect your information using industry-standard security measures.
Cookies, more properly called HTTP cookies, are small bits of data stored as text files on a browser, and ultimately on your computer’s hard drive, if you agree. Websites use those small bits of data to keep track of users and enable user-specific features. A cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Web site and a better user experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Web site.
Third Party Vendors
We may, from time to time, contract with third party vendors to serve ads to our customers on our behalf across the Internet or to send direct to customers whom we think may be interested in our products or services. To do this, the vendors will collect anonymous information about your visits to our Web site and your interaction with our products and services.
This anonymous information is collected through the use of a cookie or pixel tag – industry standard technology used by most major Web sites. They may also pool the anonymous information that they collect with other sources of information not collected during your visit to our Web site, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of determining whether you might be interested in receiving direct mail.
We also employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include promoting Southern Careers Institute on other Web properties to gather student prospects on our behalf. These companies may also be analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links) and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
Southern Careers Institute
1701 Directors Blvd, STE 800
Austin, TX 78744
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?