Take the first step towards a career with a strong, competitive job market.
The electrical technician training program at SCI provides hands-on instruction on installation, operation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems for both residential and commercial properties.
Our training provides the hands-on training which allows you to be more comfortable in the trade and competitive in the job market. Students can learn about:
- The operation, installation, maintenance and repair of electronics and electrical wiring
- Handling electrical distribution panels, instrumentation, DC/AC motors and controls, wiring, and power transmissions
- Safety skills, generating estimations, inspections and applicable codes, and regulations
There are required hours of on-the-job training beyond the completion of this Electrical Technician training program. These on-site training hours are necessary to apply for Texas state licensing. There are also different levels you can achieve by accumulating hours of on-the-job training and passing exams. You can become a:
- Residential Wireman: 4,000 hours of supervised training and passing the exam
- Journeyman or Journeyperson Electrician: 8,000 hours under the direction of a Master Electrician and passing the required exam
- Master Electrician: Journeyman license for at least 2 years, accumulating 12,000 hours under a licensed Master Electrician and passing the exam
SCI Electrical Technician training program graduates have the opportunity to find entry-level employment working under a master electrician as wiring installers or as technicians servicing electrical systems in a number of electrical and related trades in both residential and commercial environments.
The Right Electrical Tool Kit for the Job
Getting all the tools needed for your hands-on training as an electrical technician can be a big expense. Fortunately, the SCI Electrical Student Tool Kit is included in your SCI tuition and includes all the tools you need to start your program and get the job done right. The Electrical Student Took Kit even comes with a professionally engineered waist belt to keep them all in one convenient place. Easy to transport from school to home, you’ll always have the proper tools to get the job done!
Keep your student tool kit long after graduation. With the proper care, this tool kit will last years, taking you from the classroom to your first call as an entry-level electrical technician.
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?