Austin, TX – Southern Careers Institute (SCI) wants to make this year a holiday to remember by supporting local families once again with its annual Holiday Tree Giveaway. Students, faculty, and staff at each of SCI’s campuses will decorate and donate a total of 26 trees and deliver them to families in need this holiday season.
Two deserving families in Austin will receive trees, along with gifts to go under them, as part of the Texas-based vocational and trade school’s annual Holiday Tree Giveaway.
“Every year, we look forward to the Holiday Tree Giveaway as a way to support families in our local communities,” said Nikki England, President of SCI. “Through our SCI Cares program, we’re able to bring a little extra joy to families who might not otherwise be able to celebrate the holidays the way they would like to.”
Staff and students will deliver the trees, decorations and gifts to the families December 1-2, following local social-distancing and health guidelines. For more information about SCI’s annual Holiday Tree Giveaway or to schedule interviews please contact Melissa Kaszuba at [email protected].
About Southern Careers Institute
Southern Careers Institute began serving Texas students in 1960. They offer a diverse list of programs that create employment-ready students who can go on to serve their communities. With eight convenient locations in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio NW Loop 410, San Antonio SW Military Drive, and Waco, Southern Careers Institute offers programs in:
- Business: Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Business Accounting Specialist
- Beauty: Cosmetology Operator
- Medical: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician
- Technology: Computer Support Specialist, Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security, Mobile Application Developer
- Trades: Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator, Electrical Technician, HVAC, Welding
SCI also offers online and hybrid programs.
Not all programs are offered at all campuses.
This article was published on: 11/23/21 6:54 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.