Southern Careers Institute is dedicated to preparing our students for a successful career. We know how important it is to gain employment upon graduation. SCI has developed specialized services to do our part to help you get started in your chosen career field.
In order to gain acceptance to the program of your choice, you must meet the minimum requirements. These requirements are required for all applicants unless otherwise noted. After satisfying admissions requirements, students will complete an Enrollment Agreement and make satisfactory arrangements to pay all charges.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Applicants under the age of 18 must have a high school diploma or GED and written permission from a parent or legal guardian to enroll at SCI.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Programs are not offered in any language other than English.
- Must be able to physically complete coursework.
Applicants are required to physically complete the skills required in the career field for which they are being trained.
- Pharmacy Technician program will not accept any applicant with a felony conviction.
Pharmacy technician students should also be prepared to have their fingerprints taken at the expense of the student.
- Automotive Service Technician Apprenticeship program requires applicants to undergo a background check, pass a drug test, and be hired by a partnering dealership. SCI will help schedule interviews with partnering dealerships prior to starting class.
Reasonable Accommodations Policy – Individuals with Disabilities
SCI does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of physical or mental disability and is fully committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability, unless providing such accommodations would result in an undue burden on the institution or fundamentally alter the nature of the relevant program, benefit, or service provided by SCI. Students may request an accommodation by contacting the Director of Education. Individuals requesting an accommodation will need to complete a Request for Accommodation at least three weeks before the first day of classes, or as soon as feasible. Disagreements regarding an appropriate accommodation or alleged violations of this policy may be addressed pursuant to SCI’s grievance procedures.