Help Power Big Decisions that Guide Today’s Businesses
U.S. News & World Report consistently has tech related positions in their list of top jobs each year based on several factors including employment rate, salary and stress levels.1 Their 2019 list has Software Developer and Statistician as their top 2 positions. Understanding technology and how to extract and interpret data are essential duties of businesses across all industries.
The Data Science program offered through the partnership of Woz U and SCI, can get you started in this ever-changing and exciting field. The Data Science program not only covers technology, but also teaches you about critical thinking when it comes to interpreting data. You’ll learn how to extract, organize and interpret relevant information to help with key business decisions. You’ll take classes to learn the fundamentals of computer science, learn some of the most sought-after programming languages (Python and R). We’ll give you the opportunity to hone your math skills, and learn the basics of Agile Project management and how to manage data systems including SQL and NoSQL with Mongo and Node.JS. You’ll learn statistical and computational techniques, machine learning and modeling.
After the 33-week program, our career services team will help get you ready to market your new skills to employers. You’ll then be part of our lifelong learning program with access to updated curriculum for free, for life.
The Woz U Edge
As technology advances, so will you. Our Woz For Life program gives you access to updated curriculum and any future programming languages for free, for life.
Expert Career Services
Our expert career services team will help you find and prepare for upcoming interviews.
Team of Mentors
Let our peer mentors be your guide! Our mentors help you understand lessons and answer all coding questions along the way.
Program Focus & Skills
- Basic Statistics: Dive into statistical concepts used throughout the program including common terms, distributions, probability, and data types.
- Programming Foundations: Learn common programming concepts in Python such as debugging, decision making, code organization, and more.
- Statistical Programming in R: Use R to manipulate data, understand vectors, and use visualization tools.
- Databases: Learn how to design, store, and manipulate databases. Students will work with both rational (SQL) and non-rational databases.
- Data Visualization: Learn how to extract important data & understand the power in showing meaningful data graphically.
- Metrics & Data Processing: Learn how to create new metrics for businesses and the basics of Agile Project Management.
- Intermediate Statistics: Utilize advanced hypothesis testing under multiple real- world scenarios. Get experience spotting and verifying test requirements.
- Machine Learning & Modeling: Use common software tools and machine learning techniques to predict future events and reduce risks.
- Intro To Big Data: Learn Big Data concepts and get hands-on experience with tools to move from Big Data basics to specific business needs.
- Group Project: Solve a Big Data challenge with a robust analysis on a team; followed by a presentation in front of potential employers.
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?