Learn High Demand Coding Skills
Software Developer is one of the most sought-after jobs in the US. U.S. News & World Report has it as the #1 job for 2019 based on several factors including employment rate, salary and stress levels.1 The Software Developer program offered through the partnership of Woz U and SCI, can get you started in this ever-changing, in-demand and exciting field.
There are multiple languages available and we will work with you to personalize the curriculum based on your needs. You will learn to code from scratch, develop front-end foundations and incorporate back end services. You’ll set up databases and cloud deployments, as well as learn to create fully functioning web applications including APIs. By the end of the program, you will have the confidence in being able to work in all aspects of web application architecture using the latest in technologies and tools.
Choose our structured online program. Classes are 33 weeks. Upon completion, our career services team will help get you ready to market your new skills to employers, and you’ll be able to stay on top of the ever-changing technology by being a part of our lifelong learning program with access to updated curriculum for free, for life.
The Woz U Edge
As technology advances, so will you. Our Woz For Life program gives you access to updated curriculum and any future programming languages for free, for life.
Expert Career Services
Our expert career services team will help you find and prepare for upcoming interviews.
We’ll teach you how to code using the programming languages you want to know. Choose from a variety of front-end and back-end languages that fit your career goals.
Team of Mentors
Let our peer mentors be your guide! Our mentors help you understand lessons and answer all coding questions along the way.
Program Focus & Skills
- Front-End Foundations: Create robust web apps and code structure for large, client- side web projects.
- Front-End Frameworks: Learn front-end best practices and Single Page Web Applications (SPA) with either React or Angular frameworks.
- Database Foundations: Learn how to design, store, and manipulate databases. Students will work with both relational (SQL) and non- relational databases.
- Back-End Foundations: Create server-side web apps and services with choice of Express, ASP .NET, Ruby on Rails, or Spring.
- Mobile Apps: Explore Responsive Design principles and create a mobile- first experience to be used on mobile apps (iOS/Android).
- Agile Project Management: Manage software projects & teams, learn roles and responsibilities as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Deployment: Understand the process and benefits of deploying a web application to a cloud hosting provider.
- Group Project: Build a full-stack application as an Agile Project Team followed by a presentation in front of family, friends, and employers.
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?