Learn high demand coding skills to give you an edge in today’s job market.
The software developer courses offered through the partnership of programs powered by Woz U and SCI can get you started in the booming technology industry. The tech industry is an ever-changing, in-demand and exciting field. By enrolling in the powered by Woz U Program at SCI, you can start paving your way to having a career in software development armed with day-one ready skills that employers are looking for.
In the program, you will learn to:
- Code from scratch
- Develop front-end foundations and incorporate back end services.
- Set up databases and cloud deployments
- Create fully functioning web applications including APIs
- Work in all aspects of web application architecture using the latest in technologies and tools
Online Coding Courses Through SCI
The coding program offered through the partnership of Woz U and SCI can help you find the career of your dreams. Students have the opportunity to learn a variety of skills which can give them an edge when finding a career they love, including:
- Front-End Foundations: Create robust web apps and code structure for large, client- side web projects.
- Front-End Frameworks: Learn front-end best practices and Single Page Web Applications (SPA) with either React or Angular frameworks.
- Database Foundations: Learn how to design, store, and manipulate databases. Students will work with both relational (SQL) and non- relational databases.
- Back-End Foundations: Create server-side web apps and services with choice of Express, ASP .NET, Ruby on Rails, or Spring.
- Mobile Apps: Explore Responsive Design principles and create a mobile- first experience to be used on mobile apps (iOS/Android).
- Agile Project Management: Manage software projects & teams, learn roles and responsibilities as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Deployment: Understand the process and benefits of deploying a web application to a cloud hosting provider.
- Group Project: Build a full-stack application as an Agile Project Team followed by a presentation in front of family, friends, and employers.
Classes can be completed in as little as 33 weeks. Upon completion, our career services team will help get you ready to market your new skills as a software developer to employers. You will also be able to stay on top of the ever-changing technology by being a part of our lifelong learning program with access to updated curriculum for free, for life.
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?