Welcome to Southern Careers Institute!
Considering post-secondary education but not sure what to do? Take a look at Southern Careers Institute (SCI). For over 50 years, SCI has been a tradition of offering quality career training and education throughout Texas.
SCI recognizes that their students want to enter the workforce quickly and with the skill set they need to excel. As a result, it offers programs in high-demand industries that are positioned to grow steadily over the next decade. A sampling of available programs includes:
- Pharmacy technician
- HVAC technician
- Medical office specialist
- Business administrative specialist
- Computer support specialist
- Medical billing and coding
While SCI is comprised of multiple campuses to encourage more convenient access to education, you can find many of their fantastic student services at Southern Careers Institute main campus in Austin, such as:
- Admissions: Representatives can discuss your career goals, assist in credit transfers, and determine the best program and schedule.
- Financial services: At Southern Careers Institute main campus, you can meet with the financial services team to examine loan and grant options. SCI offers up to $7,000 in grants.
- SCI Edge: This program helps students and graduates find employment in their chosen path through internships and pathways to certifications, career skill badges that employers will recognize for a particular career. as well as SCI Connect, which matches students and graduates with the employers who need their specific aptitudes.
- IT services: Having issues with your technology platform? Need help with your student account? Southern Careers Institute main campus provides IT services for current students to facilitate communication and coursework.
The Campuses: an Overview
While many of the services that all students need are located in the Austin campus, each individual campus has its own unique program offerings and location. But what all campuses share is a close-knit community, not just between students, but between the instructors as well.
Here is a brief overview of each campus and the programs they offer.
It offers training for medical assistant, medical billing and coding specialist, administrative assistant, pharmacy technician, and business accounting specialist.
Serving the South Texas area, this campus embraces its diverse culture in a supportive environment. Its programs are medical assisting, medical billing and coding, business accounting, cosmetology, and administrative assistant. It also offers a salon run by its own cosmetology students.
Its areas of study are medical assistant, medical billing and coding specialist, pharmacy technician, administrative assistant, and business accounting specialist.
This centrally located campus offers education to be a medical assistant, medical billing and coding specialist, business accounting specialist, plus administrative assistant.
Minutes from McAllen, Texas, you can register for studies in medical billing and coding, administrative assistant, medical assistant, medical office specialist, and business accounting specialist.
San Antonio – South and North
SCI offers both a North and South campus in San Antonio in cosmetology, business accounting specialist, medical assistant, medical office specialist, medical billing and coding specialist, and administrative assistant.
The medical billing and coding plus the business accounting programs are offered online, providing flexibility and convenience. You still have access to internships and instructor support.
The Next Phase
At SCI, we aim to provide our students with focused and custom career programs that are designed to make our graduates the most marketable in each industry.
To take the next step, call our main campus in Austin to discuss your options and ask questions. Your future can start now.