Pharmacy Technician Schools in Corpus Christi TX: The Certifications You’ll Recieve at SCI
To work as a pharmacy technician in Corpus Christi, you need a qualification that demonstrates that you understand all the main components of the job, including pharmacology, prescription processing, basic compounding, and FDA drug safety. Students who study at pharmacy technician schools in Corpus Christi TX can gain two of the certifications employers most want from their new hires.
Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB)
The Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) leads to the PTCB certification, which is recognized in every state. The exam is computer-based and made up of multiple-choice questions, each with four possible answers. Of the 90 questions, 80 are scored and 10 are unscored — unmarked and appearing at irregular intervals throughout the test. The examination lasts for two hours: one hour and 50 minutes is given for the questions and 10 minutes for the tutorial and post-exam survey. All the content of PTCE is highly relevant to the work of a pharmacy technician. It includes questions that assess students’ knowledge on nine knowledge domains. These are:
- Pharmacology for technicians
- Sterile and non-sterile compounding
- Pharmacy quality assurance
- Medication safety
- Pharmacy law and regulations
- Pharmacy inventory management
- Medication order entry and fill process
- Pharmacy billing and reimbursement
- Pharmacy information systems usage and application
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS): Word
Whereas the PTCB certification is essential for work as a pharmacy technician in Corpus Christi and the rest of Texas, holding a Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) in Word could mean the difference between procuring a job and losing the position to a more qualified candidate. Offered through Certiport, the MOS certification is the best option for you if you want to show employers in virtually any part of the world that you possess excellent IT skills. Training will teach you to use Word in real-world scenarios that you can expect to face as a pharmacy technician. In the exam, you will be asked to:
- Create and manage documents
- Format text, paragraphs, and sections
- Create tables and lists
- Apply references
- Insert objects
Employers in Corpus Christi will only consider candidates that hold a PTCB certification for pharmacy tech positions, and, whereas a MOS certification is not a requirement for the job, IT skills are essential in the pharmaceutical industry today. If you want to graduate with the right skills, experience, and qualifications to succeed in your career, look for pharmacy technician schools in Corpus Christi TX that will prepare you to take both the PTCE and MOS examination.
This article was published on: 05/26/15 4:05 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.