Pharmacy technician schools in Austin TX now offer a huge variety of financial aid options. Click here to find out more.
You need to make an investment to continue your education after high school, but continuing your studies will also open opportunities to interesting, well-paid work that is impossible to find with a high school diploma alone. If you are unable to pay for your pharmacy tech education out of pocket, take advantage of the numerous payment options offered by the pharmacy technician schools in Austin TX.
Make paying for school more affordable by applying for tax benefits, which will reduce your income tax or reduce the amount of income subject to tax. Alternatively, you can use tax benefits to open a tax-free savings plan to pay for tuition and other education expenses.
Federal Pell Grant
If you study in the 2015–2016 award year, you can receive up to $5,775 in a grant that you will never repay.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
The FSEOG is another federal grant. Receive between $100 and $4,000 depending on your need, time of application, the other aid you receive, and the availability of funds at your school.
Institutional Grants and Scholarships
Some pharmacy tech schools offer their own grants and scholarships to students. SCI has several in place, including:
- Student Success Grant and Financial Literacy Grant, both for students who participate in financial literacy workshops and maintain Standard Academic Progress of 70 or higher.
- High School Best Scholarship, for first-time students enrolling within six months of graduating high school with GPA of at least 3.5.
- High School Scholarship, for students who enroll at SCI within 90 days of graduating high school and are unable to receive federal or state funding.
- Southern Careers Institute Military Grant, for military members (active and veterans) and their families.
- Sponsor’s Grant, in which the school will match grants of students sponsored by other organizations.
Receive a part-time job to receive support paying for your education no matter whether you are studying full-time or part-time. Positions tend to be in community service or related to students’ fields of study.
Federal loans are available through two programs: the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program and the Federal Perkins Loan Program. You will receive funds to pay for your education at a low interest rate.
If you served in the military, you can use your benefits to pay for tuition, housing, and other expenses. Many schools in Austin also accept benefits for military spouses and dependents.
Some pharmacy technician schools in Austin TX offer tuition exemptions to students who meet a set criteria. You can find the list of exemption programs on the College for All Texas page.
Never let money stand in the way of your education. Contact financial aid officers at pharmacy tech schools in Austin for support creating a payment plan to meet your needs.