Why Enter The Medical Field?
Before looking at the specific positions you’d like to pursue, it’s important to understand why you may want to enter the medical field at all. There are a number of reasons why it’s a very promising career path no matter what type of career you pursue in healthcare. Reasons to enter the medical field depend on the person but may include the following:
- It’s a stable industry. People will always need medical care, which means the sector overall isn’t going anywhere.
- You’ll be able to help people. Basically, working in healthcare is all about helping others in their most trying times.
- There is a large variety of jobs. Depending on your interests or skill set, there are multiple types of jobs you can pursue.
- Not all healthcare jobs require expensive and timely academic degrees. In fact, for some positions, you’ll be able to receive the training you need in a fraction of the time.
Best Healthcare Jobs Without A Degree
If you’re looking for a job in the medical field, many jobs require formal education. On the other hand, others only require a specific skill set, knowledge on how to perform the role, and possible certifications.
So, if this type of career appeals to you, it is important to know that there are options available with minimal schooling required.
Below are some of the best Texas medical field jobs you can obtain without an academic degree, including:
- Medical assistant: This position typically helps physicians or nurses perform their daily responsibilities.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist: Trained billers and coders are responsible for entering patient data into computer systems as well as following up with billing.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist: Much like a regular medical biller and coder, a medical insurance billing and coding specialist focuses on assisting with medical insurance claims.
- Medical Office Specialist: This position assists with the operations of a medical office.
- Medical Office Administration: Much like a medical office specialist, those in medical office administration help manage the business administration of a medical office.
- Nurse Aide: Like a registered nurse, a nurse aide performs duties in support of a nurse practitioner.
Medical Job Training In Texas
Not every healthcare position requires years of study and a degree from a four-year university. In fact, some just require you to have the right skills and tools needed to perform the role on a daily basis.
With a variety of online training programs available, there’s never been a better time to seek out a medical career with flexible training options. That’s where Southern Careers Institute comes into play.
SCI has a number of medical programs available to help you jumpstart a successful career in some of the highest-paying jobs in the medical field. With SCI, you can explore a gateway to any one of the following lucrative and exciting career choices:
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse Aide
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Office Specialist
SCI also offers online training programs that accommodate your schedule. Furthermore, they offer potential eligibility for over 20 nationally recognized certifications.
So if you’re looking for high paying medical jobs with little schooling required, SCI is your gateway to a brighter future and more career opportunities. Why wait? Reach out by calling 1.833.SCI.TEXAS or apply at SCI online to give yourself a fresh start in a career you love!
This article was published on: 04/28/20 9:30 AM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.