If you’ve ever looked into pursuing jobs in the medical field, you’d understandably be interested in how much they pay.
Whether you’re a general physician, mental health practitioner, physical therapist or another type of medical professional, chances are high that it’s a high-paying job.
But, if you’re interested in starting a career in healthcare in Texas, you may want to know which medical careers have high pay without onerous educational requirements.
So, what are the healthcare jobs in Texas that pay well? Let’s take a closer look at jobs in the medical field that are high paying.
Why Enter The Medical Field?
Before looking at the specific positions you’d like to pursue, it’s important to understand why you may want to enter the medical field at all. There are a number of reasons why it’s a very promising career path no matter what type of career you pursue in healthcare. Reasons to enter the medical field depend on the person but may include the following:
- It’s a stable industry. People will always need medical care, which means the sector overall isn’t going anywhere.
- It pays well. More on this below, but jobs in medicine can be very lucrative.
- You’ll be able to help people. Basically, working in healthcare is all about helping others in their most trying times.
- There is a large variety of jobs. Depending on your interests or skill set, there are multiple types of jobs you can pursue.
- Not all healthcare jobs require expensive and timely academic degrees. In fact, for some positions, you’ll be able to receive the training you need in a fraction of the time.
Best Healthcare Jobs Without A Degree
If you’re looking for a job in the medical field, many jobs require formal education. On the other hand, others only require a specific skill set, knowledge on how to perform the role, and possible certifications.
So, if this type of career appeals to you, it is important to know that there are options available that qualify as high paying medical jobs with little schooling required.
Below are some of the best Texas medical field jobs you can obtain without an academic degree, including:
- Medical assistant: This position typically helps physicians or nurses perform their daily responsibilities.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist: Trained billers and coders are responsible for entering patient data into computer systems as well as following up with billing.
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding Specialist: Much like a regular medical biller and coder, a medical insurance billing and coding specialist focuses on assisting with medical insurance claims.
- Medical Office Specialist: This position assists with the operations of a medical office.
- Medical Office Administration: Much like a medical office specialist, those in medical office administration help manage the business administration of a medical office.
- Nurse Aide: Like a registered nurse, a nurse aide performs duties in support of a nurse practitioner.
Medical Jobs In Texas
Before you pursue jobs in the medical field, you may also be wondering about the stability of the industry as a whole. In general, the job outlook for healthcare is very good – both in Texas and throughout the U.S.
As of 2018 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are over 12 million medical jobs within the state of Texas. And from a national perspective, healthcare jobs overall are expected to grow significantly between now and 2028 – by a rate of 14% according to projections.
That’s a faster rate than most other occupations. Simply put, there are few fields you can enter with the security, diversity of positions, and opportunities of the healthcare sector.
Overall, there is a plethora of healthcare and public health jobs in the state of Texas. The key is to find the career path that interests you the most along with comparing the various salaries of available sub-sectors.
Medical Jobs Without A Degree
As far as Texas medical field jobs go, there are some in which you can make a solid living with minimal training. Below is a list of jobs in the medical field along with their median annual salary listed alongside them.
Keep in mind: compensation by these employers is dependent on a number of factors, including specific location as well as the provider, facility, or healthcare system you work for.
The median salaries for some positions in the medical field which do not require a degree include the following:
- Medical assistants: $33,610 annually
- Medical billing and coding specialist/insurance billing and coding specialist: $40,350 annually
- Medical office specialist: $37,090 annually
- Medical office administration: Administration service managers’ median salary (across all industries) is $96,040
- Nurse aide: $28,530 annually
- Pharmacy technician: $32,700 annually
One positive aspect of these positions, beyond the salaries associated with them? As referenced above, they don’t require formal education. Additionally, you can obtain a job in one of these professions without dedicating the time or financial resources you would to a costly medical degree.
However, that doesn’t mean you won’t need guidance to succeed in your role. Knowing how to carry out the tasks associated with each role is still important.
Medical Job Training In Texas
Not every healthcare position requires years of study and a degree from a four-year university. In fact, some just require you to have the right skills and tools needed to perform the role on a daily basis.
With a variety of online training programs available, there’s never been a better time to seek out a medical career with flexible training options. That’s where Southern Careers Institute comes into play.
SCI has a number of medical programs available to help you jumpstart a successful career in some of the highest-paying jobs in the medical field. With SCI, you can explore a gateway to any one of the following lucrative and exciting career choices:
- Medical Assistant
- Nurse Aide
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Office Specialist
SCI also offers online training programs that accommodate your schedule. Furthermore, they offer potential eligibility for over 20 nationally recognized certifications.
So if you’re looking for high paying medical jobs with little schooling required, SCI is your gateway to a brighter future and more career opportunities. Why wait? Reach out by calling 1.833.SCI.TEXAS or apply at SCI online to give yourself a fresh start in a career you love!
Blog Disclaimer: Information stated in this blog is for general information purposes only. SCITexas.edu does not assume or guarantee income earning potential or salary expectations based on the programs offered at Southern Careers Institute. Career and program information stated in this blog does not guarantee that programs and specifics are offered at Southern Careers Institute.
This article was published on: 04/28/20 9:30 AM