The ability to learn a trade, receive a certificate of completion and begin a new career is readily available throughout the state of Texas. Is a vocational/ trade school right for you or your child? Here are some things to consider.
- Vocational/ trade school programs can often be completed in less than 1 year.
- The cost to attend a vocational/ trade school can be considerably less than the cost to attend a traditional college. A variety of payment options are normally available & most vocational/ trade schools offer financial assistance to qualified students.
- Job placement assistance may be offered at vocational/ trade schools.
- Vocational/ trade schools offer their programs in several different ways: on ground at a physical campus, online which allows the student increased flexibility or a hybrid schedule which is a mix of ground & online classes.
- Texas vocational/ trade schools are approved and monitored by the Texas Workforce Commission. twc.texas.gov
A four-year traditional college or a two-year community college is not the educational path for everyone. Texas vocational/ trade schools graduate thousands of students annually and help students to begin new and rewarding careers.
If you would like to find out more about the opportunities Texas vocational/ trade schools offer, call a school near you, such as, SCI.
This article was published on: 07/18/19 7:00 AM