South Texas: Vocational/Technical Institute Programs Available
Have you ever really thought about the term “expanding your horizons”? You’ve completed the legwork for a high school diploma, you’ve accepted a decent job. Now what? Perhaps it’s time to learn a new trade or educate yourself for a brighter future that includes a satisfying career- something more than a job. Have you considered enrolling in a South Texas vocational technical institute? Earning vocational certification could expand your future horizon beyond what you can even imagine today. Consider what south Texas has to offer. South Texas Vocational Technical Institute STVT has served south Texas for over 40 years, with locations in Brownsville, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio and Weslaco. Upon enrollment, you’ll become a member of a tight-knit family that cares about your success. Offered programs include:
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Computer Accounting
Southern Careers Institute SCI has campuses all over south Texas, including two within San Antonio. They also offer a convenient online option for students who need to stay close to home while completing their education. The SCI Edge gives students the certifications and knowledge to get hired upon graduation. Programs available:
- Business: Accounting, Administrative or Computer Support
- Medical: Billing & Coding, Office Specialist, Medical Assistant or Pharmacy Technician
- Personal Care: Cosmetology or Manicure Tech
- Trade: HVAC or Welding
- Workshops & Bootcamps: SCI offers a variety of one-day workshops to earn specific certifications like CPR and Microsoft Word.
ITT Technical Institute ITT Tech has campuses across the United States. South Texas locations include south Houston and San Antonio. Many of their programs offer online options. They offer both Bachelor and Associate degree programs in a variety of areas. Schools of study at ITT Tech include:
- Information Technology
- Drafting and Design
- Criminal Justice
There are many south Texas vocational-technical institutes to choose from. Research each school carefully to ensure you pick the school that best suits your needs as a student. In addition to degree programs, it’s important to consider financial aid options and online availability. Most importantly, keep in mind your future horizon. Think about the type of career that will satisfy by allowing you to use natural talents or interests. Will the school you choose equip you to enter the workforce as a competent, successful employee? Your first step toward a broader horizon is selecting a vocational school that will prepare you for a fulfilling career.
This article was published on: 03/19/13 3:24 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.