San Antonio, TX – Southern Careers Institute’s Southern Star Salon and SCI Cares will be organizing and distributing 100 Thanksgiving food care boxes, providing meals to local families supported by The Lemonade Circle on November 22.
Lemonade Circle is a local non-profit dedicated to empowering young girls and teens in grades 5th through 12th with opportunities to explore and engage with the community with a heavy focus on leadership development and civic engagement. This year, SCI ‘s cosmetology students and instructors at Southern Star Salon not only donated the contents of all 100 boxes to give to Lemonade Circle’s families, but will be using their San Antonio location as a distribution center on November 22 at 6 p.m.
“SCI students and instructors from Southern Star Salon are always looking for a way to give back to our local community,” said Katasha Prince, Corporate Cosmetology Program Director at Southern Careers Institute. “When we learned about The Lemonade Circle and how these young women leaders are dedicated to improving the world we live in, we wanted to make sure their Thanksgiving was special and one to be remembered.”
Southern Star Salon invites all media to Southern Star Salon on distribution day. Please contact Melissa Kaszuba at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like to coordinate an interview with an SCI representative. See details below:
When: Monday, November 22
Where: Southern Star Salon
238 SW MILITARY DR STE-#107
San Antonio, Texas 78221
Time: 6:00 p.m.
About Southern Careers Institute
Southern Careers Institute began serving Texas students in 1960. They offer a diverse list of programs that create employment-ready students who can go on to serve their communities. With eight convenient locations in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio NW Loop 410, San Antonio SW Military Drive, and Waco, Southern Careers Institute offers programs in:
- Business: Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Business Accounting Specialist
- Beauty: Cosmetology Operator
- Medical: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician
- Technology: Computer Support Specialist, Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security, Mobile Application Developer
- Trades: Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator, Electrical Technician, HVAC, Welding
SCI also offers online and hybrid programs.
Not all programs are offered at all campuses.
This article was published on: 11/19/21 1:19 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.