Austin, TX – The following is a statement by Nikki England, President of Southern Careers Institute in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month.
Families celebrate together in community. Today, September 15, marks the beginning of Hispanic Heritage Month – a time to recognize the influence and contributions of Hispanic Americans to the place we all call home. For us at Southern Careers Institute, Hispanic Heritage Month is a celebration of the rich culture and diversity of our students, faculty and staff members. And together, as a family, we honor the achievements and contributions of our Hispanic community.
Ideally, we would love to be gathering together at our campuses as we have in the past. However, as we continue to deal with the impact of COVID-19, we will instead be taking our celebrations online via social media. Throughout the month, look for stories about successes, traditions, and memories; and posts about Hispanic leaders who have made a lasting impact in our community.
Be sure to share your Hispanic Heritage Month celebration with us by using #SCIfamilia. Even though our recognition – and parties – will be virtual this year, we will find ways to engage with one another, learn about each other, and have fun as only family can.
About Southern Careers Institute
Southern Careers Institute began serving Texas students in 1960. They offer a diverse list of programs that create employment-ready students who can go on to serve their community.
With eight convenient locations in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio NW Loop 410, San Antonio SW Military Drive, and Waco, Southern Careers Institute offers programs in:
- Business: Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Business Accounting Specialist
- Beauty: Cosmetology Operator
- Medical: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician
- Technology: Computer Support Specialist, Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security
- Trades: Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator, Electrical Technician, HVAC, Welding
SCI also offers an online and hybrid curriculum.
This article was published on: 09/14/20 6:22 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.