Austin, TX – Texas families are hoping their holiday traditions will bring a little extra cheer to what has been a challenging year. The Southern Careers Institute (SCI) family is no exception and will once again support local families with its annual Holiday Tree Giveaway.
Students, faculty, and staff at each of SCI’s campuses will decorate and donate a total of 26 trees to families in need this holiday season. This annual tradition takes on even more meaning this holiday season, with so many families being impacted by COVID-19.
All eight Southern Careers Institute campuses – Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio North, San Antonio South, and Waco – as well as its central offices, will trim the trees with decorations and gifts, bringing good cheer and happy holidays to deserving local families.
“Giving is in SCI’s DNA and every year our faculty and staff look forward to the Holiday Tree Giveaway as a way to support their local communities. This is the culmination of our annual SCI Cares effort and everyone goes the extra mile to make it special for the families.” said Nikki England, President of SCI. “We know many are hurting due to the pandemic and we want to bring a little extra joy to the holidays.”
Campuses will vie for the coveted “Best Decorated Tree” title, and the associated bragging rights. Voting will take place on December 1, and pictures of all the trees will be posted on SCI’s social media channels. Staff and students will deliver the trees, decorations and gifts to the families on December 3, following strict social-distancing and health guidelines.
For more information about SCI’s annual Holiday Tree Giveaway or to schedule interviews please contact Ana Pereira at [email protected].
About Southern Careers Institute
Southern Careers Institute began serving Texas students in 1960. They offer a diverse list of programs that create employment-ready students who can go on to serve their community. With eight convenient locations in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio NW Loop 410, San Antonio SW Military Drive, and Waco, Southern Careers Institute offers programs in:
- Business: Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Business Accounting Specialist
- Beauty: Cosmetology Operator
- Medical: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician
- Technology: Computer Support Specialist, Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security
- Trades: Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator, Electrical Technician, HVAC, Welding
SCI also offers an online and hybrid curriculum.
This article was published on: 11/19/20 5:23 AM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.