A List of Pharmacy Technician Schools Near Kyle TX
Have you ever considered a career in the healthcare industry? Perhaps you’re thinking it’s too late for you to become a nurse or a doctor. That doesn’t mean you have to give up your dreams. The medical profession offers a wealth of opportunities for anyone interested in health and wellness. If you enjoy working with a variety of people, offering professional advice and helping others care for themselves, a career as a pharmacy technician could be for you. You can train at one of many pharmacy technician schools near kyle tx and get a job in your local community. Austin Community College Pharmacist training at ACC is closely aligned with the goals set forth by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists to ensure that your certificate will be accepted at a variety of hospitals, pharmacists, schools or other health agencies throughout Texas. Program goals include:
- Assisting the pharmacist in direct patient care and pharmacy management
- Preparing and distributing medication
- Administering immunizations
- Understanding side effects and instructions for use of common medications
- Demonstrating proper ethical conduct and confidentiality
- Staying current with changes to the pharmaceutical industry
Southern Careers Institute SCI is proud of their commitment to preparing students for the real world. The pharmacy technician program at SCI includes valuable training in the knowledge and skills you’ll need to become a pharmacy tech anywhere you choose. Once you complete the program, you’ll be granted nationally recognized Pharmacy Technician Certification, allowing you to begin your career anywhere you’d like. In addition, SCI offers a career services program that will help you get your dream job upon graduation. If driving from Kyle to Austin is an inconvenience, students can opt for online courses in pharmacy tech. Specific skills taught include:
- Prescription processing
- Drug safety
Allied Health Careers A branch of Capital City Trade and Technical School, Allied strives to prepare students for a job in the pharmaceutical industry. Instructors are committed to preparing students for an entry-level position at a neighborhood pharmacy, hospital or mail-order pharmacy. Coursework includes:
- Hands-on training
- Instilling a sense of commitment and self-motivation
- Professional atmosphere
- Qualified instructors to monitor and encourage students throughout
The pharmacy technician schools near kyle tx are committed to providing you with the education and certifications you’ll need to begin a successful career. If you have the desire and motivation to enroll today, why not make the leap? You’ll be rewarded with a satisfying career that offers way more than any dead-end job.
This article was published on: 02/28/13 2:47 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.