Business Administration Certifications show that you have a firm understanding of business principles and you know what it takes to succeed. It can also lead to career advancement and higher pay.
What Business Administration Certifications Can I Get?
Once you have successfully completed training in Business Administration at Southern Careers Institute, you are eligible to become certified in a variety of business and computer applications. The following are certifications you can apply for after you have completed your training.
1. Entrepreneurship and Small Business (ESB) Certification
ESB certification ensures that you can get ahead in today’s competitive employment landscape. Candidates are expected to have knowledge of small business and entrepreneurial concepts. Certification validates your career readiness and ability to handle small business management. The main areas tested for ESB certification include:
- Marketing and sales
- Financial management
- Recognizing and evaluating opportunities
- Business Start-Ups and Operations
2. Intuit QuickBooks Online Certified User
QuickBooks is the industry standard in business accounting software. To become certified as a QuickBooks Online User, students must prove that they are well-versed in all aspects of the program. Qualified candidates are tested on:
- How to set-up, maintain, and navigate QuickBooks
- How to manage lists
- How to set up products and services
- How to record sales and use sales forms
- How to set up customers and vendors
- How to set up purchase orders and pay bills
- How to use and customize reports
- How to customize QuickBooks to meet your company’s needs and save time
3. Microsoft Word Certification
Individuals who are certified in Microsoft Word establish their hands-on experience with the product and the ability to perform a number of Word tasks. Competency at an industry entry level is proven in:
- Creating and managing documents
- Formatting text, paragraphs, and sections
- Creating, formatting, and inserting tables, lists, and other objects
- Applying references to documents
4. Microsoft Excel Certification
Certification in Microsoft Excel demonstrates the ability to organize and complete a data-based project utilizing the software. Mastery of the following concepts means the holder is ready to competently enter the job market using this electronic spreadsheet program.
- Creating tables and charts
- Inserting cells and ranges
- Applying formulas and functions
- Creating and managing workbooks and worksheets
5. Microsoft Outlook Certification
Those with Microsoft Outlook certification have mastered core communication, collaboration, and email skills using this information management application. Showing competency in this business industry-standard communication tool means knowing how to:
- Customize and configure Outlook settings
- Create, organize, and manage email messages
- Schedule and respond to meetings and appointments
- Create and manage contact groups and tasks
Benefits of Business Administration Certifications
One of the main goals of business administration certification is to acknowledge your skill set so as to make you a more attractive candidate to potential employers.
Interviewers will have a better understanding of your knowledge and ability to do the work. When you become certified in an area, you express that you have what is needed to handle the operational activities of a company and you are qualified to lead.
If you own a small business, those looking to employ your services know that they can count on you to take the initiative and complete projects.
How to Get Certified in Business Administration
The best way to become certified in any area of business administration is to first enroll in an accredited program like the ones offered at Southern Careers Institute.
There you will get the education and training needed to sit for certification examinations. At SCI, coursework is tailored to help students pass exams and obtain entry-level employment in any chosen industry.
Required classes within the curriculum like Computerized Financial Reporting, Word Processing, Spreadsheets, and Application Presentation and Sharing are preparatory for third-party certification.
SCI’s business administration program is offered online or on campus at the Austin, Brownsville, Harlingen, Corpus Christi, Pharr, North San Antonio, and South San Antonio campuses, as well as online.
Whether you prefer learning in a physical classroom or if your schedule and commitments warrant a more personalized approach, you can complete your education in 33 to 48 weeks. Our experienced and friendly admissions team is standing by to help you get started on the path to a new career today.
Want to learn more about how National Certifications might help you in today’s job market?