There are various employment opportunities available in the field of business management. Every company, regardless of size, needs reliable employees to coordinate daily activities. Southern Careers Institute provides students with the skills needed to pursue a career in business.
While pursuing an Associate’s Degree in Management at Southern Careers Institute, students can work online from the comfort of their own home. This gives individuals the ability to create a schedule that fits their unique needs. Valuable work experience is gained through externships with leading companies in the surrounding community. Upon completion of the program, students will receive an Associate Degree of Applied Science (AAS) in Management.
The purpose of every business is to sell something. So, what do sales managers do to achieve this goal?
- Develop a sales plan and effectively communicate it to all members of the sales force
- Set daily, monthly, and annual sales quotas for each member of the sales team
- Assign sales territories to meet the needs of the company
- Implement the sales plan by analyzing data and preparing supporting graphs and charts to track performance
- Manage the sales team, ensuring goals are being met
- Monitor inventory requirements for all purchases
Careers related to sales managers are available in almost every aspect of the business industry. Automobile dealerships, retail outlets, and pharmaceutical sales are a few areas that are always looking for quality employees.
An effective sales manager must possess good communication skills and be comfortable working with people. Organization skills are a must. A strong sales manager is a leader that is unafraid to hire and fire employees as needed. Understanding the needs of the company and assisting in the growth of their sales is the key to success in jobs in business management.
Human Resources Management
Jobs in Business Management can include working in the Human Resources (HR) Department of a company. Many students at Southern Careers Institute often ask, “What is a Human Resource Manager?” This position is an integral part of any corporation. The key role of the Human Resource Manager is essentially the management of people and handling all issues that may arise with employees. This job in business management is ideal for a person that enjoys working with others. Being a liaison between management and employees is of the utmost importance. Other duties may include:
- Enrolling employees for appropriate insurance and benefit plans
- Helping employees understand the rules and regulations of the company
- Overseeing the payroll process, which includes filling out the proper paperwork and calculating timesheets
- Conducting interviews with potential applicants
- Managing the hiring and firing of employees
Students interested in working in the medical field, often wonder what is Health Care Administration. This position offers employment in hospitals, doctor offices, clinics, and other medical establishments. The Health Care Administrator is responsible for:
- Management of the overall efficiency of the office
- Obtaining pre-approvals from insurance companies
- Maintaining an accurate medical record system
- Providing knowledgeable and certified staffing for the office
- Overseeing the budget practices of the office
Management Analyst Consultant
Students in the management program at Southern Career Institute often ask, “What is a Management Analyst?” The job description for this position includes:
- Create programs to improve overall efficiency within an organization
- Help companies reduce costs by finding unique ways to increase revenue
- Provide advice to management teams to control costs
. As companies continue to search for ways to improve profitability, management analyst skills will be in-demand. A take-charge type of person, that is not afraid of confrontation and can make quick decisions, is the ideal candidate. Effective organizational and communication skills are essential. The willingness to travel is also important.
Training for a Management Career
Southern Careers Institute Online is dedicated to helping students excel in the field of business. The AAS Management degree program provides all the necessary tools for employment in many different jobs in business management. Having the flexibility to work from home creates the perfect balance between life, work, and school. Our online trade school programs are recognized as one of the best in the region and offer students the chance to follow a career path that they are passionate about.
Deciding to pursue an education in business is a smart choice for individuals that are focused on improving work environments for others. Our counselors help all applicants select a topic-based program that aligns with their interests and needs. Contact us today to learn about all of the jobs in business management that are within your reach. 2020 is the year of “Transformation – Beginning a New You.” Make the call today and be on your way to a new tomorrow in as little as 33 weeks.
This article was published on: 01/16/20 8:30 PM