Southern Careers Institute: Jobs Available After Graduating
For most students, the focal point of graduating from college is to secure a great job. Unfortunately, the current economy tends to lead in the opposite direction. But even with this disadvantage, attending Southern Careers Institute in any of their areas of study with high marks can help increase your chances of finding a great job in your industry. How good exactly? Completion and placement rates for the year 2013-2014 in just a few of the programs include:
- Business accounting specialist: Completion rate was 85% with a placement rate was 82%.
- Pharmacy technician: Completion rate was 79% with the placement rate was 87%.
- Cosmetologist: While the completion rate was 42%, the placement rate for graduates was 100%.
What are Some Growth Industries? It is one thing to complete your program successfully and find work. But it is another to understand if your field might soon be saturated with other professionals that could create extreme competition with few opportunities. However, many of the programs that Southern Careers Institute offers are in higher growth industries, helping to ensure the continued need for graduates in your program. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, growth for various Southern Careers Institute jobs include:
- Pharmacy technician: 9% growth from 2014 to 2024.
- Cosmetology: 10% growth for the same time period.
- Medical assistant: 23% growth.
Types of Southern Careers Institute Jobs Obtaining a certificate in any of the programs offered by Southern Careers Institute can lead to many fantastic and exciting careers. If you are wondering what could be in store for you, here are just a few junctures where your education may take you:
- Cosmetology: Hair stylist, manicurist, salon owner, or hair product sales representative.
- Medical billing and coding: Medical biller, medical coder, electronic health records specialist, or medical administrative assistant.
- HVAC: HVAC installer, HVAC mechanic, HVAC owner, plumbing contractor, cost estimator, HVAC client service representative, or building superintendent.
Increasing Your Likelihood of Success Even with great marks and a stellar internship, your career is not going to come to you – you have to grab it. To increase your chances of employment success, here are some tips to incorporate into your job hunting strategy:
- Make an appointment with the SCI career services: They can offer resources such as access to internal job boards, lists of alumni you can contact, self-assessment tests, as well as sample resumes. What’s more, they can help you conduct mock interviews to hone your person skills.
- Register at SCI connect: This online portal helps match your skills with the businesses that need them.
- Network network network: Fellow students, peers, instructors, or alumni – you never know where a conversation can go. But make sure you know when to press pause on your networking efforts – people do not want to be seen only as a resource.
- Apply!: The more applications you submit, the more responses you can get.
- Be open: You never know where an opportunity may be lurking. Remember that there are no right or wrong Southern Careers Institute jobs, only different experiences that can take you in amazing directions.