SCI Cares is Collecting Book Donations in Honor of Addai Dexter-Streeter and His Love for Reading
Corpus Christi, TX – Southern Careers Institute Corpus Christi will be collecting book donations until November 1 and then gifting them to Promesa College Prep School to honor the life of Addai Dexter-Streeter. Addai is the child of an employee at SCI Corpus Christi. He was known for his hilarious personality, utterly selfless kindness, and of course, his love for reading.
“At SCI Corpus Christi, we wanted to do something special to commemorate Addai’s spirit and the impression he left on our world. Knowing how much he loved to read, we thought what better way than to organize a book drive in his name,” said Tammy Newsom, Corpus Christi campus director. “SCI Cares is coordinating Addai’s Books to memorialize Addai’s kind-hearted spirit by collecting donations and gifting other children the opportunity to enjoy the pleasure of a good book.”
Promesa College Prep School is an innovative, tuition-free public school that is the fruition of a long-standing dream to have a community school located in the heart of the most historically underserved communities. When its students come to SCI Corpus Christi in November to tour the campus and learn about future career options, SCI hopes they will walk away with canvas bags full of books to stock their library, but SCI needs the community’s help.
SCI encourages community members to get involved by dropping off new or gently-used, PreK4-8th grade reading level book donations to 2422 Airline Road, Corpus Christi, TX, 78414 or by making a purchase and having it delivered to the SCI Corpus Christi campus using Promesa College Prep School’s personalized Amazon wish list here.
For more information about Addai’s Books and how to participate, please contact Tammy Newsom at [email protected]
For all media inquiries please contact Melissa Kaszuba at [email protected]
About Southern Careers Institute
Southern Careers Institute began serving Texas students in 1960. They offer a diverse list of programs that create employment-ready students who can go on to serve their community.
With eight convenient locations in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio NW Loop 410, San Antonio SW Military Drive, and Waco, Southern Careers Institute offers programs in:
- Business: Administrative Assistant, Business Administration, Business Accounting Specialist
- Beauty: Cosmetology Operator
- Medical: Medical Assistant, Medical Billing and Coding, Medical Office Specialist, Nurse Aide, Pharmacy Technician
- Technology: Computer Support Specialist, Software Development, Data Science, Cyber Security, Mobile Application Developer
- Trades: Automotive Service Technician, Commercial Motor Vehicle Operator, Electrical Technician, HVAC, Welding
They also offer an online curriculum.
This article was published on: 11/19/21 1:44 PM
* SCI does not guarantee employment or a starting salary upon graduation, completion, or withdrawal from SCI. As an accredited post-secondary institution, SCI has various federal financial assistance programs available for students who qualify and are enrolled in SCI programs. This does not apply to seminar students.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.