Harlingen, Texas is a great place to search for a job today. Let’s take a look at how what jobs are available, how to get a job, and the training you may need.
Looking for a job in Harlingen, Texas? Well, Harlingen is a city with a population of approximately 65,000. Like most cities in the US, it is expected to grow. This means that there could be good jobs available in and around Harlingen for the foreseeable future.
Southern Careers Institute has a campus at 1122 Morgan Boulevard in Harlingen to help you prepare for your career or to get the additional training needed for the promotion and pay raise you want.
Jobs Available in Harlingen, Texas Area
There are currently several job opportunities available in the Harlingen area.
According to the Indeed website, the following positions are available in or near Harlingen:
- The Texas Professional Group has a full-time position for an Entry-Level Medical Office Billing Assistant. Also, you can do this job remotely.
- An Insurance Agent is needed by AFLAC, and training is provided for this position.
- Regency Integrated Health Services, LLC, is looking for a Medical Assistant.
- Veranda Rehabilitation and Health Care are in need of an Activities Assistant who can help with the activities in a skilled nursing facility. This job is part-time with the potential to move to full-time.
- Retama Manor Nursing Center wants to hire a Rehab Aide from the disciplines of Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or Speech Therapy to work under the supervision of the therapist.
- An Account Representative is needed by Prime Healthcare. Duties will include posting incoming payments to correct patient accounts on a daily basis.
- A position for a Certified Medical Assistant is open at Hughston and Redmond, M.D.s for someone who is also CPR certified. One year of experience in Ob/Gyn is preferred, but not required.
- An Assisted Living CNA is needed at Valley View Senior Living. They are looking for someone who can help with meal prep and service of meals.
- An Office Assistant who speaks Spanish and English is needed at Zap Credit Solutions, LLC, in Weslaco. Duties include answering calls, scheduling appointments, managing files, and office maintenance.
- Farmers Crop Insurance is looking for a preferably bilingual Office Administrative Assistant with phone and computer skills. The job involves greeting clients, sending and receiving correspondence, answering phones, maintaining files, and data entry.
It is also important to note that all of these job openings are subject to change without notice.
Ways to Get a Good Job
The best way to get a good job is to first get the education and training necessary to accomplish the tasks involved with the job you want. Employers today look for candidates who have proven skills and may not even consider someone who does not already have some formal training in the field.
Some of the best-paying jobs in Harlingen require certifications to qualify. With certifications come advancement opportunities and usually higher pay. At SCI, graduates receive preparation to sit for exams in EKG Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, HVAC, Medical Office Assistant, Automotive Specialist Excellence, NETWORK PRO, CNA, and other certifications.
What Job Training Do I Need?
Depending on the type of job you would like to do, the training will vary. For example, if you like helping people and would like to be involved in the medical field, work as a certified medical office assistant may be right for you. In this case, your training would include courses in anatomy and physiology, diseases of the human body, electronic health records, EKG, phlebotomy, medical terminology, and clinical skills.
If you would like to pursue a career as an HVAC technician, you would receive training in topics such as EPA regulation requirements, troubleshooting HVAC systems, commercial and industrial systems, and system design and construction.
SCI tailors all programs to employer’s needs, so you would study the subjects necessary to help you do your job throughout the program.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Job in Harlingen
Taking into account the training, the time it takes to get certified once you graduate, plus applying for jobs and going on interviews, getting a job can be a lengthy process. One of the many good things about attending Southern Careers Institute is that you are receiving preparation to land a job the moment you enroll.
We tailor training programs to the jobs market. You get the knowledge you need to do the work as well as hands-on experience. Programs generally take anywhere from 5-36 months to complete. And by the time of graduation you are ready to sit for certification exams. You will earn skills badges to prove to employers what you can do. These not only benefit you in your job search but they also save valuable time for you as a job seeker.
How to Land a Job You Want
To get the job you want, you need to first receive training in the field and get as many certifications as you are eligible for. SCI can help you all along the way. Our trained and professional admissions and financial aid staff will support you in finding a career path best suited to you. They will help you with enrollment, financial aid, and transferring any previous college credits you may have already earned, though not all credits may apply to your program. You will receive assistance in scheduling your courses and learn how to manage your time.
Once you graduate, you will gain access to Student Career Services. This department is your one-stop-shop to assist you in your job search. We provide our students with guest speakers from the professional world, resume building advice, job readiness training, and interviewing techniques. You get to build a student profile complete with your resume, work experience, and skills badges. You can even post a video of yourself performing the skills potential employers will be looking for. Employers get access to student profiles so that by the time an interview happens, they already know who you are and what you are capable of.
Call us today at 1.833.SCI.TEXAS to start working on getting the job you desire.
This article was published on: 06/10/20 9:00 AM