Not everyone finds their dream job early on, and if you’re unsure what you want to do with your life, don’t worry! One of the best ways to decide on a career is to see what training is available in your area. Pay attention to the course offerings at the following trade schools in Corpus Christi TX:
Although Brightwood has campuses spanning from west to east coast, Brightwood’s Corpus Christi branch offers Allied Health programs such as Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Specialist, as well as Nursing courses. Allied Health students can earn diplomas as a Dental Assistant, a Medical Office Specialist, or a Medical Assistant. Nursing students can enroll in a Vocational Nursing diploma program. The Medical Assistant program is 760 contact hours over a period of 36 weeks and includes 550 hours of on-ground instruction and 210 hours of digital instruction.
The South Texas Vocational Technical Institute
The South Texas Vocational Technical Institute’s course offerings are not as extensive as other trade schools in Corpus Christi TX, offering only the following four programs:
- Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration– A 40-week diploma program that prepares students for certification as HVAC technicians.
- Dental Assisting– This course teaches students to sterilize dental tools, take molds, and interact with patients.
- Medical Assisting– This diploma program teaches students how to handle medical records, perform CPR, and monitor vital signs.
- Combination Welding– This program teaches students to perform industrial welding in the shipbuilding, construction, aerospace, and manufacturing industries.
Southern Careers Institute
The Southern Careers Institute, or SCI, is one of the most versatile trade schools in Corpus Christi TX, helping its students enter a myriad of different career paths. The main programs offered at the Corpus Christi campus include:
- Business Accounting Specialist – Students in this program learn how to handle taxes, payroll issues, business process improvements, and a wide range of other factors that affect the financial health of their firms.
- Cosmetology – This program, launched Summer 2018, will prepare you to live out your dream of being a beauty professional by preparing you for a certified cosmetology license in 50 weeks.
- Medical Assistant – This program teaches students pharmacology, phlebotomy, EKG monitoring, office administration, and a plethora of other medical office skills.
- Medical Billing & Coding – Students in this program are taught to administer medical offices, coordinate patient care, and file all information according to the correct codes.
- Nurse Aide – At six weeks in length, Nurse Aide is our shortest Allied Health program, but it packs in skills you need to provide long-term care to patients as well as the necessarily clinical lab work.
- Pharmacy Tech– This program teach students how to provide quick, competent assistance to pharmacists. The main skills taught include drug safety, pharmacology, compounding, and processing prescriptions.
- Welding Technician – Welders from SCI are prepared for the NCCER certificate (National Center for Construction Education & Research) and learn fusion and fabrication, pipe fitting, and the different career paths available such as mig, tig, and combo welders.
Figuring out available courses at trade schools in Corpus Christi TX is only the first step to starting a career. Once you know what’s available, you must decide which career is best for your talents, interests, and personality. Check out tuition rates for all of the above programs or click here to speak to a career specialist today to learn more about what might be the best pathway for your career success.