Not everyone finds their dream job early on, and if you’re unsure what you want to do with your life, don’t worry! One of the best ways to decide on a career is to see what training is available in your area. Pay attention to the course offerings at the following trade schools in Corpus Christi TX:
Kaplan College’s Corpus Christi branch offers most of the school’s major Allied Health, Criminal Justice, and Nursing courses. Allied Health students can earn diplomas as a Dental Assistant, a Medical Office Specialist, a Medical Assistant, or a Patient Care Technician. Nursing students can enroll in a Vocational Nursing diploma program while the Criminal Justice department offers an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science. The school also offers continuing education classes in a number of subjects, including handcuffing, handgun use, pediatric life support, and drawing blood.
The South Texas Vocational Technical Institute
The South Texas Vocational Technical Institute’s course offerings are not as extensive as other trade schools in Corpus Christi TX, offering only the following four programs:
- Air Conditioning, Heating, & Refrigeration– A 40-week diploma program that prepares students for certification as HVAC technicians.
- Dental Assisting– This course teaches students to sterilize dental tools, take molds, and interact with patients.
- Medical Assisting– This diploma program teaches students how to handle medical records, perform CPR, and monitor vital signs.
- Combination Welding– This program teaches students to perform industrial welding in the shipbuilding, construction, aerospace, and manufacturing industries.
Vogue Cosmetology School
The Vogue Cosmetology School gives prospective cosmetologist a wide range of career options. The four main programs are:
- Cosmetology– This course includes classes in cutting and coloring hair, manicures, pedicures, facials, and other cosmetic arts, as well as help writing resumes and preparing for job interviews.
- Esthetics– This 22-week program focuses on skin care, teaching students how to perform facials, microdermabrasion, body waxes, chemical peels, and eyelash extensions and perms.
- Nail Technology– This 5-month course focuses on performing pedicures, manicures, sculpting, fiberglass and skin wraps, and other procedures to make clients’ nails look beautiful.
- Cosmetology Instruction– Students who are passionate about cosmetology are trained how to pass their knowledge on to future generations. Many of Vogue’s instructors have been through this program.
The Southern Careers Institute
The Southern Careers Institute, or SCI, is one of the most versatile trade schools in Corpus Christi TX, helping its students enter a myriad of different career paths. The main programs offered at the Corpus Christi campus include:
- Business Administrative Assistant– In this course, students are trained in customer service skills, executive assistance, business planning, schedule, and basic accounting. They also learn how to use the latest business software, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Business Accounting– Students in this program learn how to handle taxes, payroll issues, business process improvements, and a wide range of other factors that affect the financial health of their firms.
- Pharmacy Tech– This program teach students how to provide quick, competent assistance to pharmacists. The main skills taught include drug safety, pharmacology, compounding, and processing prescriptions.
- Medical Billing– Students in this program are taught to administer medical offices, coordinate patient care, and file all information according to the correct codes.
- Medical Assistant– This program teaches students pharmacology, phlebotomy, EKG monitoring, office administration, and a plethora of other medical office skills.
Figuring out available courses at trade schools in Corpus Christi TX is only the first step to starting a career. Once you know what’s available, you must decide which career is best for your talents, interests, and personality. For more on choosing a career, visit the Southern Careers Institute today.